The Board of Elections provides candidate lists, candidate filing data, and campaign committee reports (organization and finance). The role of the Board of Elections is to conduct elections, file candidates for office, audit candidate committee finance reports, and maintain voter registration lists.
USA.GOV - Find answers to common questions about voting in the United States.
More information on elections may be found at the following:
- NC General Statutes Chapter 163 - NC Election Law
- North Carolina State Board of Elections - www.ncsbe.gov
- election laws - links to election laws, legan resources, numbered memos, and rule making in NC
- election information - general information about types of elections in NC
- voter registration drives - rules and information on holding a drive. order registration forms
- voter lookup - view information about a voter, their jurisdictions, view sample ballot, check status of absentee ballots and provisional ballots
- VOTER REGISTRATION DATA - download entire voter lists. Statewide or individual counties (updated weekly)
- campaign finance - information for candidates and their treasurers. download blank reporting forms
- search for campaign documents - view documents submitted by candidates that file with the State Board of Elections
- county contact information - contact information for all 100 North Carolina counties
- voter registration statistics - view statewide registration reports (2004 to present)
- North Carolina General Assembly - www.ncleg.net
- find your legislators - enter your address to find your elected officials in US Congress, NC Senate, NC House
- track bills - bill reports, laws, Governor's actions, etc.
- contact information - North Carolina House and Senate members
- legislative calendar - meetings and issues before the General Assembly
- US Election Assistance Commission - www.eac.gov - federal independent bipartisan commission on voting guidelines and requirements
- Federal Voter Assistance Program - www.fvap.gov - registration and absentee ballot requests for Military Service Members, their families, and Overseas Citizens
- Public Information Requests