Frequently Used Forms
Voter Registration or Update Current Registration
- Online request: Online Registration Application - NCDMV - register or change your registration information (for citizens with NC DMV license, permit, or ID card)
- Printable form: Voter Registration Form - use to register to vote or change your voter information.
- New voters to a county must send original documents (law requires we have an original signature)
- Current Catawba County voters making changes to name, address, or party affiliation may mail, fax or Email the registration.
Request an Absentee by Mail ballot:
- Online request: Online Absentee Request Portal the most efficient way to request a ballot by mail
- Printable form: Absentee By Mail Request - request must be printed, signed, and delivered to the BOE office (DO NOT Email or Fax). See more information
- Active Military voters and voters living Overseas: FVAP.gov
Notice of Deceased Voter - use to remove a deceased relative from the books. Mail, Fax or Email
Request to Cancel Voter Registration - use to remove your name from the books. Mail, Fax or Email
Catawba Voters send forms to: PO Box 132, Newton, NC 28658 | FAX 828-464-9832 | email@example.com
Election Official/Poll Worker Application
Poll Worker Application - request to be added to the Election Official training list (or conct the BOE at 828-464-2424)
Election Brochures and Informational Flyers
Information for Catawba County Voters
- Catawba County Voting Precincts/Map - brochure
- Catawba County Precinct Polling Location List - flyer
- Catawba County Political Party Contact Information - flyer
Catawba Co Board of Elections Contact Methods
Completed forms may be sent to the Catawba County Board of Elections office via:
- Mail: Catawba County BOE, PO Box 132, Newton, NC 28658
- In Person: 145 Government Drive, Newton (beside the parking deck south of the Justice Center). This is a new location as of 2020.
- Fax*: 828-464-9832
- Email*: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note: Registrations may not be faxed or emailed for new voters in Catawba County. NC Law requires a registration form with an original voter signature.
Other Election Related Forms and Information
Running for Municipal Office - Information on running for local office [Link to SBOE]
Petitions - Information on starting a petition [Link to SBOE]
Withdrawal of Candidacy - Form must be submitted before the end of the third business day before the filing period ends [Link to SBOE]
Candidate Challenges - Form must be submitted no later than ten business days after the close of filing period [Link to SBOE]
Campaign Finance Complaint Form - Use to send complaint about a campaign finance violation to the State Board of Elections