County Offices, Libraries, and Blackburn Construction/Demolition Landfill will be closed Monday, May 27, 2019 for Memorial Day.
Blackburn Sanitary Landfill and Convenience Centers will remain open.
Catawba County Parks (Bakers Mtn, Riverbend, St. Stephens) will remain open for your enjoyment.


The Catawba County Board of Elections

is committed to efficiently conducting fair, honest, and impartial elections so that all qualified Catawba County citizens may exercise their right to vote.

The office conducts local elections, operates voting sites, maintains voter registration lists and handles numerous aspects of election administration. The Catawba County Board of Elections works in conjunction with the State Board of Elections office to ensure that elections are conducted lawfully and fairly.

Municipal & City School Board Elections 2019

Tuesday, Nov 5, 6:30am-7:30pm

[If needed: Hickory Primary - Tuesday, Oct 8, 6:30am-7:30pm]

Interested in running for an office? Read over the Questions and Answers on starting a Candidate Campaign Committee.

Photo ID is NOT REQUIRED for this election.

2019 Offices Up For Election

Municipal Filing

  • Brookford - 2 Aldermen seats
  • Catawba - 1 Mayor, 2 Councilmen seats
  • Claremont - 3 Councilmen seats
  • Conover - 3 Councilmen seats
  • Hickory - 3 Aldermen seats (Wards 1, 2, 3)
  • Long View - 3 Aldermen seats (Wards 1, 3, 4)
  • Maiden - 1 Mayor, 3 Councilmen seats
  • Newton - 1 Mayor, 3 Council seats

Begins Friday, Jul 5, noon

Ends Friday, Jul 19, noon

Hickory filing Fee: $12

All others: $5

City School Boards Filing

Hickory Public Schools Seats:

  • Ward 4
  • Ward 6
  • At-Large Seat

Begins Friday, Aug 16, noon

Ends Friday, Sep 6, 5pm

Filing Fee: $5

Newton/Conover Schools Seats:

  • 1 seat - Newton District
  • 2 seats - Conover District

Begins Friday, Aug 16, noon

Ends Friday, Sep 6, noon

Filing Fee: $5

Interested in running for an office? Find more information here.

Events for 2020 Election

2020 Offices Up For Election

Printable 2020 Elections Calendar

Candidate Filing Begins - Monday, December 2, 2019

Candidate Filing Ends - Friday, December 20, 2019

Presidential Primary - Tuesday, March 3, 2020

2nd Primary (if needed) - Tuesday, April 21, 2020 [or May 12, 2020 if Federal races in the runoff]

Filing for Catawba County School Board - Begins Noon, Monday, June 1, 2020 (Ends Noon, Friday, July 3, 2020)

Filing for Catawba County Soil and Water Conservation District Supervisors - Begins Noon, Monday, June 8, 2020 (Ends 5pm, Thursday, July 2, 2020)

Presidential Election - Tuesday, November 3, 2020


View 2018 candidates' Campaign Finance Reports.

Official Catawba County Election Results

Click here for Catawba County Election Results - PDF reports of votes by Catawba County voters (2002 to Current)

Interactive Results for Catawba County (NCSBE Website)

Organized Campaign Committees

Search - Organized Committees - Choose the Election Year

Voter Photo ID begins in 2020

  • Beginning in 2020, North Carolina voters will be required to provide photo identification when voting in-person or absentee-by-mail, with some exceptions. more details

Note: Dates are subject to change.