Gun Permits

You must apply online to obtain your Concealed Handgun Permit at this link: Click Here. You will need a debit or credit card. We can print your forms and notarize them in the office at your appointment.

Change of Address for CHP: Once you have updated your NC Driver's License, you have 30 days to change the address on your CHP. These addresses must match each other. If you have moved within Catawba County, our office will change your address since we are the holder of the record. You MUST come in person to change your address with us.

** If you have moved into Catawba County, you will change your CHP address with the agency who currently holds your record. That agency will then send us your record after they change your address.

Duplicate CHP: You may obtain a duplicate copy of your CHP only if your permit has been lost or stolen. There is a $15.00 fee and you will need to come into the office to sign paperwork.

Fingerprinting: You DO NOT need to schedule a seperate appointment for your fingerprints. The appointment you set within Permitium, for your CHP, includes fingerprinting.

Contact information: email at