Change of Address Form

Property assessment information and tax bills are mailed to the address contained in the Assessment records. It is the owner's responsibility to notify the Assessor when the mailing address of real or personal property, or physical location of personal property, has changed. For Registered Motor Vehicle address changes, please contact the Department of Motor Vehicles by phone at 919-715-7000, or on the web at

Real Property consists of land and buildings. Personal property consists of tangible personal property or all personal property that is not intangible and is not permanently affixed to real property.

Please submit this form to report any CHANGE OF ADDRESS. If you have questions regarding this form, please call 828-465-8436 for assistance with Real Property or Land Records changes or 828-465-8402 for Individual Personal Property changes or 828-465-8406 for Business Personal Property changes.