Dog Park Rules
Dog Park Rules and Regulations
1. Patrons use the dog park at their own risk. Owners are liable for any injury or damage caused by their dogs and are fully responsible for their dogs’ actions.
2. Dogs must be vaccinated for rabies and display a valid rabies vaccination tag at all times (NCGS 130A-190).
3. All dogs must be leashed until safely inside and returned to a leash prior to exiting. Owners must have 1 leash per dog at all times.
4. Owners must be in the dog park while their dogs are in the dog park. Owners must supervise their dogs and maintain voice control at all times.
5. No animals other than dogs may be brought into the dog park.
6. The following dogs are not allowed in the dog park: aggressive dogs, dogs in heat, puppies less than 4 months old, or sick or injured animals. Acts of aggression against other dogs or people are prohibited. Any dog exhibiting aggression must be removed immediately from the dog park.
7. Children accompanying dog owners must be supervised and at least 12 years old.
8. Owners must dispose of waste properly in designated on-site containers.
9. The following are not allowed in the dog park: smoking, alcoholic beverages, glass containers, or food (for people or for dogs).
10. Equipment inside the fenced area is for dogs only. Do not move, alter or climb on the equipment.
11. No more than three (3) dogs per person allowed on any single visit.
12. The Small Dog Park Area is only for dogs 30 pounds and under.
13. North Carolina State Law requires all dog bites to be reported to the Catawba County Animal Services (828-464-7686) or the Catawba County Sheriff’s Office (828-464-3112). Owners are required to assist in the investigation of incidents of aggression or biting by providing appropriate identification and information to the Sheriff’s Office, Police, Park Staff, Catawba County Animal Services, appropriate local and state government officials, and other dog owners who are involved in the incident under investigation. Failure to provide assistance and identification as requested will result in immediate revocation of all dog park privileges.