Dog Park Rules
Dog Park Rules and Regulations
DO NOT put your dog park privileges or your pet at risk, by allowing entrance to unauthorized persons and pets
1. Hours: open 8:00 am until close of normal Catawba County Parks Seasonal Hours
2. No animals other than dogs may be brought into the fenced area.
3. Owners must provide proof that the dog is currently vaccinated for Rabies, Bordetella and DHLLP to acquire
a “Catawba County Parks Dog Park Permit”. A Permit must be purchased for each dog. Current rabies tags
must be worn on the dog’s collar at all times.
4. All dogs must be leashed until safely inside and returned to a leash prior to exiting. Owners must have 1
leash per dog at all times.
5. Dog owners must remain in the fenced area while their dogs are using the dog park. Owners must be in view
of their dogs with voice control at all times.
6. Dog owners must be age 18 or older to acquire a “Catawba County Parks Dog Park Permit”. Children
accompanying dog owners must be strictly supervised and at least 12 years old to be allowed inside.
Spectators should remain outside the fenced area.
7. Aggressive and female dogs in heat are not allowed. Owners must immediately leash and remove
dogs from the dog park at the first sign of aggressive, hostile or combative behavior. Any dog found to
have bitten another dog/person will lose all dog park privileges.
8. Owners must dispose of waste properly in the designated on-site containers.
9. No treats, food in bowls, long-lasting chews, or glass containers are allowed. Water in plastic bottles and small bowls for water is permitted.
10. Smoking and eating are not allowed inside the dog park.
11. Sick or injured dogs are not allowed. Owners of dogs with a known sickness/injury or displaying sick or
injured behavior will be required to remove their dog immediately.
12. No more than three (3) dogs per person are allowed on any single visit. Each dog must be registered with
their owners’ unique Catawba County Parks Dog Park Permit number. The Permit Card that is issued to
you must be worn on the person responsible for that dog in a visible manner. This will allow Park
Staff to visually inspect the park with minimal interference of your recreation time.
13. Puppies less than four (4) months old are not permitted.
14. North Carolina State Law requires all dog bites to be reported to the Catawba County Animal
Care and Control at 828-464-7686 or the Catawba County Sheriffs Department 828-464-3112. In
addition, owners are required to assist in the investigation of incidents of aggression or biting by
providing appropriate identification and information to the Sheriffs Department, Police, Park Staff,
Catawba County Animal Care and Control Officials and any appropriate local and state government
department officials, AND to other dog owners who are involved with the incident under
investigation. Failure to provide assistance and identification as requested will result in immediate
revocation of all dog park privileges.
15.The Small Dog Park Area is only for dogs 30 pounds and under OR their height is 15 inches or less, measured at the shoulder.
16. When a dog that is less than five (5) months old and weighs fifteen (15) pounds or more, comes in to sign up, the puppy will only be allowed to use the Any Size Dog Park Area.
17. If a small dog Owner arrives to use the Any Size Dog Park and it is busy, please consider using the Small Dog Park Area for your dog’s safety.
18. Patrons are asked to observe appropriate social distancing when entering and leaving the park, as well as during the time they are in the park, for safety purposes.
Owners are liable for any injury or damage caused by their dog and are
fully responsible for their dog’s actions.