||Meals on Wheels brochure
Meals on Wheels Business Partnership Opportunities
Meals on Wheels Application
Senior Nutrition Services at a Glance
Meals on Wheels of Catawba County on Facebook
Pet Food Program
Video: 92 Year-old Meals on Wheels Volunteer
Video: Are You the Cure
Video: Become a Meals on Wheels Volunteer
Video: United Arts Council of Catawba County Supports SMO
Meals on Wheels Association of America
||MOW Home Delivered Meals Newsletter/Menus
Seniors Morning Out Newsletter/Menus
MEALS ON WHEELS
- Program Purpose: To provide hot nutritious delivered meals to homebound elder adults.
- Individual Eligibility Requirements: Individuals age 60 or older and their spouses (regardless of age), who are physically or mentally unable to obtain food or prepare meals.
- Cost: Client Donations
- Information Needed to Apply for Services: Last four digits of Social Security Number and Date of Birth
- Phone: (828) 695-5610
| |Like Meals on Wheels of Catawba County on Facebook:
Meals on Wheels of Catawba County is in need of volunteers to deliver meals to homebound seniors throughout Catawba County. Meals are picked up at various locations Monday through Thursday. Routes usually take an hour. Won't you help make a difference in the life of a senior in your community? Call: 828-695-5610.
OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Deliver frozen meals and Boost/Ensure to frail elderly
- Conduct a fundraiser to provide more meals for seniors in Catawba County
- Perform or provide a presentation of interest for Senior’s Morning Out
- Make favors for the holidays to send out to the homebound elderly on our Meals on Wheels routes
- Deliver Meals on Wheels (see above)
|| None at this time
MAYORS FOR MEALS
Annually, the National Meals on Wheels Association sponsors Mayors for Meals, a national campaign
held on a designated day in March, where Mayors across the country delivery or serve meals with a local Senior Nutrition Program to seniors in their community. Mayors for Meals day helps to increase public awareness about senior hunger and also recruit volunteers for the nutrition programs.
Catawba County Senior Nutrition Program designated March 21, 22, 2012 as Mayors for Meals Day. Local Mayors will participate in the event.
See U tube video for remarks from the Mayor from Conover and Newton
SENIORS MORNING OUT
PET FOOD PROGRAM
Catawba County Meals on Wheels recognizes how important pets are to our meal recipients. Pets provide companionship and help with loneliness. Studies show that pets may help seniors live longer, healthier, and more enjoyable lives. 30% of the Meals on Wheels recipients in Catawba County have a pet. Unfortunately, when there are difficult financial choices to make, recipients may purchase food for their pet in lieu of the things they need or even share their meals with their pet. Meals on Wheels looks to grants, donations, and volunteer help to sustain the Pet Food program.
We wish to thank the sponsors of the Meals on Wheels Pet Food Program. These include the Banfield Charitable Trust, the local Banfield Pet Hospital’s Season of Suppers, and the Meals on Wheels Association of America WALOP (We All Love Our Pets) program. In addition, we wish to thank the 4-H Clubs of Catawba County and the Catawba County Youth Council for their assistance in collecting, repackaging and organizing the pet food for distribution.