Our Program Integrity Unit is devoted to investigating cases of fraud, abuse, and waste in public assistance programs. These programs include Work First, Food and Nutrition Services and Day Care Assistance.
To report suspected fraud or abuse in public assistance programs in Catawba County, please call (828) 695-6344 or complete an online report.
When reporting fraud, please try to provide as much of the following information as possible:
- Person's name
- Address where person actually lives
- Contact information for individual (telephone number, email address, etc.)
- Names of persons living in the home
- Place where individual works
- Information about other income in the home
- What is the person doing to commit fraud?
Other contact numbers for reporting fraud:
- Medicaid Fraud, Waste and Program Abuse Tip-Line: 1-877-362-8471
- DHHS Customer Service Center: 1-800-662-7030
- Social Security Fraud: 1-800-269-0271