Catawba County offices will be closed on Monday, May 27, 2013, for the Memorial Day state holiday. Baker's Mountain, Riverbend and St. Stephens Parks will be open.
| Quick Links
Our Statement of Philosophy
Catawba County government provides necessary services
to its citizens with honesty and professionalism at reasonable costs.
Although the range of services is diverse, the following principles guide
- Provide the least intrusive government that
serves the best interest of all citizens.
- View elected and appointed officials as policymakers,
and staff as implementors of policy.
- Encourage citizen participation in government
and promote public trust and accountability.
- Administer a government that is competent
and responsive to citizens' needs while understanding its obligation
- Adhere to the community's strong work ethic,
promoting high productivity with reasonable workloads.
- Foster an economic, social and physical environment
that allows individual and corporate citizens to realize their potential.
- Encourage and recognize creativity, innovation,
and teamwork among County employees.
- Encourage administrative decision-making
at the point of service.
- Administer county government with compassion