Click to go to Catawba County Home Page


I Have Moved, Can I Still Vote?
How Do I Change My Voter Registration?

If you have moved, you need to change your Voter Registration.
  • Pick up a form at one of the Libraries, the Board of Elections Office in the Government Center, Newton or by going to the State Board of Elections Web Site, then clicking on How to Register. This is the same form that you would use to make an initial application.

  • Return completed form to Board of Elections Office at least 25 days before the Election Day in order for the change to process in time for the current election

  • If there are less than 25 days until the election and if you have moved within Catawba County, you have 2 choices:

    • Go to an Early Voting/One-stop Voting location. Early/One-stop Voting begins the third Thursday before each election and continues until 1:00 pm on the last Saturday before that election.

    • Or on Election Day, go to the polling place where you are registered. Tell them you have moved. Fill out the change of address form. Then they will tell you whether or not you can vote there, or will need to go to your new precinct.

Amanda Duncan
Board of Elections Director
Phone:(828) 464-2424
Fax: (828)464-9832

Mailing Address:
PO Box 132
Newton, NC 28658

See a map:
map 25 Government Drive
Newton, NC 28658

Hours: 8 AM - 5 PM

Join us on Facebook