Dog Park Rules
DO NOT put your dog park privileges or your pet at risk, by allowing entrance to unauthorized persons and pets.
- Hours: open 8:00 am until close of normal park hours
- No animals other than dogs in fenced area.
- A “Catawba County Parks Dog Park Pass” must be purchased for each dog. Current rabies tags must be worn on the dog’s collar at all times.
- All dogs must be leashed until safely inside and returned to a leash prior to exiting.
- Dog owners must remain in the fenced area with their dogs and must be in view of their dogs with voice control at all times.
- Persons under the age of 18 accompanying dog owners must be strictly supervised and at least 12 years old to be allowed inside.
- Aggressive and female dogs in heat are not allowed. Owners must immediately leash and remove dogs from the dog park at the first sign of aggressive, hostile or combative behavior. Any dog found to have bitten another dog/person will loose all dog park privileges. Refunds will not be given.
- Owners must dispose of waste properly in the designated on-site containers.
- Small bite-sized training treats and water in plastic bottles and small water bowls are permitted. Dog food and large treats are not permitted.
- Smoking and eating are not allowed in the dog park.
- Sick or injured dogs are not allowed.
- No more than three (3) dogs per person are allowed on any single visit. Each dog must be registered and the Pass Card(s) that is issued must be worn in a visible manner. This allows staff to visually inspect the park with minimal interference of your recreation time.
- All users of the park must sign in at the sign in kiosk upon arrival.
- Puppies less than four (4) months old are not permitted.
- North Carolina State Law requires all dog bites to be reported to the Catawba County Animal Care and Control at 828-464-7686 or the Catawba County Sheriffs Department 828-464-3112. In addition, owners are required to assist in the investigation of incidents of aggression or biting by providing appropriate identification and information to the Sheriffs Department, Police, Park Staff, Catawba County Animal Care and Control Officials and any appropriate local and state government department officials, AND to other dog owners who are involved with the incident under investigation. Failure to provide assistance and identification as requested will result in immediate revocation of all dog park privileges.
- Owners are liable for any injury or damage caused by their dog and are fully responsible for their dog’s actions.
- Violating any of these rules will result in my dog park privileges being terminated without refund of fee.