The library has a wealth of activities and resources for adults and families because we want to help you become a lifelong learner.
Get tech help your way. Try a class in topics like Basic introduction to Computers, Microsoft Word, Introduction to PowerPoint, Introduction to the Internet and Searching, Resume Writing, Social Media and more. See the monthly schedule at Computers and Technology, get one-on-one help, and check out our TechConnect space at the Main Library in Newton with the latest tech tools like 3D printer, digital cutter, and iMacs with powerful graphics, drafting, and creation software.
Click here to learn more about technology access and classes at the library.
Our expert staff will assist you one-on-one to advance your career path. We can help you work on your cover letter, resume, or portfolio; or find training for a new job, as well as search and apply for jobs. We partner with Workforce Development to bring you an NCWorks Career Specialist at the Main Library in Newton to work with you one-on-one in finding and applying for jobs the first Wednesday of the month from 10 am – 2 pm.
We feature regular speakers and events with engaging presentations, whether it be a peek at an author’s latest novel, a survivor’s poignant views on the Holocaust, a fresh look at Shakespeare, a showing of a new family film, finances, health, small business, or our garden series to keep your garden growing–and so much more!
Check out our monthly calendar here.
The Catawba County Library supports several reading clubs. If you are interested in participating in a book club, please feel free to attend any of the following:
- Southern Pens Book Club – Join us for good books and good friends. Meet the second Saturday of every month at 10 am at the Main Library in Newton.
- Piece of Cake Book Club – If you like to read fiction and enjoy a good treat, you’ll love this club. They meet at Marie & Twannette’s in Downtown Newton on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 3pm.
- Mystery Mavens – If you love a good mystery you should check out this book club. Meets the first Tuesday of the Month at the Sherrills Ford-Terrell library at 6:30 pm.
- Books Between Friends- enjoying popular fiction every month at the Claremont Library.
- Hispanic Book Club – enjoy reading novels in Spanish and sharing with friends. Meet monthly at Centro Latino.
The library provides free Notary service to our community. A Notary is available at the Main Library in Newton, St. Stephens, Southwest and Claremont locations. Click here to see locations.
- Notary services are free of charge.
- Patrons will need to have their driver’s license or passport as a proof of identity.
- All parties signing the document must be present.
- Appointment times are suggested. Please call the branch most convenient to you.
Our reference team is here to empower you in your knowledge quest, with expert guidance to provide you access to a broad, in-depth range of authoritative information, resources and collections.
We provide information and research assistance for all types of inquiries. If we can’t find the information you need, we can refer you to appropriate professional organizations or federal/state/municipal agencies. We provide professional and impartial reference service, without giving specific medical, legal, copyright, financial, or tax advice and without referring to individual practitioners such as physicians, attorneys, mental health professionals, or others.