Click to go to Catawba County Home Page
Bookmark and ShareShare Page    print pagePrint Page


Frequently Asked Questions

Tax Collections
Phone: (828) 465-8414

Email Tax Collections

map 25 Government Drive
Newton, NC 28658

Office Hours
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Monday - Friday

  • Why is my tax bill not covered in my bankruptcy?

    Bankruptcy will cover the bills prior to the date the bankruptcy was filed.  If a bill comes out after the filing date, in order for it to be included, that attorney handling the bankruptcy would have to file an amendment to the original bankruptcy filing.

  • How can I get a paid receipt so I can get my vehicle license tags?

    Either come in person to the Office of the Tax Collector in the Government Center or call 828-465-8414 and we can remove the block.

  • I filed Chapter 13 Bankruptcy almost a year ago, why isn’t it showing in your system?

    If we do not have your account flagged as bankrupt, we never received your paperwork from the trustee.  Please fax us at 828-465-8413 or bring a copy of your paperwork to our office that has your case number and we will take care of the matter.

  • How can I make payment arrangements?

    We cannot make formal payment arrangements on bankrupt accounts.  Pay whatever you can.