Team meeting to discuss project scheduling,
outcomes, specific logistics for future
meetings and meet with other departments
such as GIS and ITC to determine information
available and how to format documents
and maps. The Planning Team includes
County Planning staff and Western Piedmont
Council of Government.
collection to include State, Federal
and local data such building permits,
sewer study document, economic data and
a review and update of data in the County's
"Current Conditions Report."
- One-on-one interviews of Board of Commissioners,
Planning Board, County Manager, Director
of Planning & Development and other necessary
Department Heads to identify current
policies, public service/utility issues,
external development influences and other
information to supplement the data collection
- Small Area Plan Committee appointed by Board of Commissioners.
- Orientation meeting for Steering Committee where they will be advised of the Small Area Plan process and be provided with general information about planning and infrastructure such as water, sewer, roads, etc.
- Public workshop held for citizens in the District area to inform them of the Small Area Plan process. Also at this workshop, the Committee will obtain input from the citizens about their vision of the future for their community and identify issues of concern. This information will be used in developing the goals and objectives for the Plan.
- Background information gathered from data collection phase and community information meetings will be completed.
- Steering Committee meets to discuss background information and input from community meetings. Begins development of goals and objectives for Plan to address the following: 1) Economic Development; 2) Natural Resources; 3) Cultural Resources; 4) Public Services and Facilities; 5) Housing; 6) Land Use and Development; and 7) Transportation.
- Steering Committee continues development of and refines goals and objectives for Plan.
- Steering Committee develops implementation strategy and time line for goals and objectives.
- Steering Committee reviews final issues in Plan and completes final draft Plan.
- Draft District Plan presented to Planning Board.
- Community meeting to present the draft District Plan to the public. The public will provide comments and critique the Plan and see if it addresses the original comments presented at the beginning of the Plan process.
- District Plan presented to the Board of Commissioners