| Below are some useful links and documents regarding food safety and food establishment
Want to prevent foodborne illness at events with family and friends? The FDA has a simple fact sheet with all the basics, from cooking temperatures to how to clean and store food.
- Need to submit a plan or application to the Environmental Health Division? Information
on requirements for submission of plans when constructing or renovating facilities inspected by the Environmental Health Department.
- Power outages, floods, hurricanes, etc. - these can happen at any time. Take a few minutes
to read and share this information. Be prepared. FDA
reminds you to "Keep it Safe", with information regarding food safety in an emergency.
- In the event of a utility interruption, facilities permitted by the Environmental Health Division may have to cease operation
until service is restored. Read the Utilities Interuption Action Plan to learn about how the EHD will respond to utility interruptions.
- If you are considering operating a Mobile Food Unit
or Pushcart to vend food in Catawba County, read this important information. The brochure is also available in Spanish.
- If you are a festival organizer or vendor planning to operate a booth selling food at a festival or special event in Catawba County, our
page listing the Requirements for Vendors Operating at Fairs, Festivals, and other Public Exhibitions contains important information you will need.
- View the sanitation
scores and inspection details for restaurants, food stands & meat markets in Catawba County.
- E Coli is a foodborne disease which can be contracted from many foods. It is a serious, sometimes fatal disease which
can be avoided by proper foodhandling. Learn how to avoid becoming ill with this disease by reading this Information on E Coli.
- Want to know more about organisms causing foodborne disease? Visit the FDA Bad Bug Book.
- A wide variety of food safety information can be found at the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
- The USDA Food Safety Inspection Service has an extensive list of links to publications and documents on food safety.
- The FDA has a page especially for Kids on food safety.
- Foodsafety.gov is a gateway to government information on food safety.